What To Expect
Our scouting and rut activity at the time of your hunt will determine the possible use of a spike camp to improve opportunities for success. This exciting hunt includes an experienced guide who accompanies the hunter at all times and is proficient in using both electronic moose calls and vocalization in active moose-rutting areas we have scouted.
The hunter-to-guide ratio is 1-to-1 to assure the best personal experience. We have three moose tags and all three moose guides will be in constant communication to better guarantee each hunter’s success. Once you harvest your moose, all guides are notified and the team will prepare your animal efficiently for delivery to the meat processor.
After you tag out you can return to the main lodge to catch up on sleep, watch a game on TV, fish, grouse hunt, take a side-by-side or boat ride and/or shoot skeet or long-range targets. There is plenty to do, or just kick back and relax in the experience and enjoy your well-earned trophy.
Transportation from and to the airport in Saskatoon is included. If flying, on arrival you should prepare to stay a night at a Saskatoon hotel. For departure, you should prepare to stay a night at a Saskatoon hotel or at Lakeside Lodge (for an additional fee, lodging and meals included) and arrange your flight home the next day. If you plan to drive, we will work with you on arrival and departure details.
Included: Guided hunt, lodging, all meals, non-alcoholic beverages; and trophy care and animal delivery to meat processor.
Not included: Gratuity, airfare and actual cost of meat processing.
Day 1: Travel Day: Guides will pick up hunters at the airport or hotel in Saskatoon and drive hunters 2½ hours to Safari River Lakeside Lodge on Green Lake
- Enjoy settling into the comfortable and beautiful lakefront lodge. Accommodations include Wi-Fi, cable TV and a hot tub.
- Enjoy a delicious meal prepared by Chef Lori
- Breakfast prepared by Chef Lori
- Hunters can sight in their firearms; hunter meetings to cover details of the hunt
- Lunch prepared by Chef Lori
- Hunter(s) depart(s) in the afternoon with their guide
- Arrive at base camp location, unpack
- Prepare for morning hunt
Days 3-9: You will be primarily hunting mornings and evenings, based on weather and rut activity
- All meals are created by Chef Lori and prepared in camp by your guide
- Approximate drive time to beginning of hunting area is one hour
Day 10: Travel Day
- Breakfast or optional morning hunt
- Pack up and depart for Saskatoon hotel
- If you have your own or rental vehicle, you may stay at Lakeside for an additional fee of $250 plus tax for lodging and meals, and depart the next morning
- If you plan to stay until processing of your meat is complete, you are welcome to stay with us at an additional fee of $250 plus tax per night